Dr. David Chang is a Board Certified Neurosurgeon who specializes in treating Minnesotans with spine and brain conditions. After receiving his M.D and Ph.D. from Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, he completed his neurosurgical residency at Mount Sinai Hospital, and his neurosurgical fellowship at the National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke. Dr. Chang began his professional medical career at Regions Hospital in St. Paul, MN – where he practiced neurosurgery. Throughout his career, he has also practiced at St. Luke’s Hospital in Duluth, Rochester Brain & Spine, and Baptist Hospital in Columbus, MS. In 2015, he joined the team at Midwest Spine & Brain Institute, where he continues to provide exceptional neurosurgical care to all of his patients.
Education & Training
- Undergraduate: Johns Hopkins University, B.S.
- Medical School: Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, M.D., Ph.D.
- Internship: Mount Sinai Hospital, General Surgery
- Residency: Mount Sinai Hospital, Neurosurgery
- Fellowship: NIH-NINDS, Neurosurgical Fellowship
- Midwest Spine & Brain Institute, Stillwater, MN 2015 – Present
- Baptist Hospital, Columbus, MS 8/2012 – 2015
- Locum Tenens, Sanford Hospital, Fargo, North Dakota, 5/2012 – 7/2012
- Rochester Brain & Spine, 6/2010 – 5/2012
- Neurological Surgery, P.C., 5/2009 – 4/2010
- Hospital Staff Neurosurgeon, St. Luke’s Hospital, Duluth, MN 3/2008 – 4/2009
- Hospital Staff Neurosurgeon, Regions Hospital, St. Paul, MN 6/2006 – 2/2008
- Solo private practice, Columbus, MS, 7/2002 – 6/2006
Certifications & Licenses
- American Board of Neurological Surgery – 2007
- State of Georgia, number 57944, issued 05/31/2011
- State of Minnesota, number 48863, issued 09/09/06
- State of Mississippi, number 17626, issued 06/03/02
- State of New York, number 213510, issued 03/25/99
- State of North Dakota, number 12268, issued 7/27/2012
- State of Ohio, number 098363, issued 12/09/11